A web developer or someone acquainted with website creation does not need to know what WordPress is. The most commonly used CMS, WordPress, makes up almost 43% of the websites globally. The main reason for using WordPress is its ease of use and simple installation process.
You can simply host, build and manage your website by installing WordPress. So, if you are interested in installing WordPress, we have some easy steps to help you install it.
In this article, we have helped you to install WordPress through 8 simple steps. All you need to do is follow them, and you are good to go. So, without any delay, here are the 8 steps to help you –
Step 1: Install On Bluehost
WordPress is compatible with Bluehost, and they themselves promote users to install WordPress on the Bluehost hosting. Bluehost is the most famous and widely used hosting. So if you want to install WordPress on this hosting, here are the required steps.
Here are the steps to install WordPress on Bluehost –
- The first step is to log in to Bluehost’s cPanel Account.
- You need to go to the website and select Install WordPress.
- Now click on the Install button.
- The next part is choosing the domain name and installing WordPress to it. You can also allow a subfolder.
- You can also edit the username, email, and password from the Advanced Settings options.
- You must read and agree to the terms and conditions of WordPress.
- Now you have to click on the install now button.
Step 2: Install On Siteground
You can also install WordPress on another famous web hosting called Siteground. It offers a one-click WordPress installer and automated setup packages. If you are trying to install WordPress on Siteground, then here are the necessary steps –
- First, log into the Siteground dashboard and then click on the new website under the Website option.
- The next part is about choosing a domain name. You can choose a new, temporary, or existing domain.
- You can both start or migrate a website. If you want to start a new website, you need to click on start a new website.
- If you selected Start a New Website, then you need to go to Choose Application. Now you need to select the new WordPress option.
- Once you have selected WordPress, the next process is to enter the installation details like email address and password.
- Now you will see the SG Site Scanner now. You can finish the process by hitting the finish button.
- You are only a few minutes away from creating your website.
Step 3: Softaculous
You can install WordPress on another web hosting called Softaculous. Here are the steps for installing WordPress on Softaculous-
- First, you have to log into your hosting.
- Then you need to click on the Softaculous icon.
- Now, find and click on the WordPress Icon.
- Once redirected to the WordPress page, you need to click on install.
- Next, you have to fill up the installation form, including the installation URL, email, username, password, etc.
- Finally, click on the install button and wait.
Step 4: FTP
You can also install WordPress using FTP. if you want to follow this method instead of the others, then here are the steps –
- First, you need to download FTP software.
- Download and extract the latest version of WordPress from the zip.
- Now you need to upload the WordPress directory that you extracted to the public_html using FTP.
- Now, login to cPanel and make a MySQL database and a user for WordPress.
- Select, and create the configuration file.
- Now click on Let’s go and enter the information page. Finally, click on submit to finish.
- You will see the install button now. You need to click on that.
- Now fill out all your website details and click on install WordPress.
Step 5: Bitnami
Do you want to install WordPress using Bitnami? If yes, then here are the steps to install WordPress using Bitnami native installer –
- You have to download the Bitnami WordPress installer and double-click on it.
- Next, you need to select WordPress and choose the Next Button.
- Now you have to enter all the required information like name and email.
- Fill in the name of your WordPress blog and click next.
- Set up the notification and email sections.
- Click on next to complete WordPress installation.
Step 6: Google Clouds
You can also install WordPress using google clouds. Here are the steps needed for the installation process –
- Click on the hamburger menu on your google clouds platforms dashboard.
- Look for a marketplace and select the Click-to-deploy version of WordPress.
- Select the option called Launch on Compute.
- Enter the required information to configure the WordPress installation. Finally, click on the Deploy Button.
- Once the Deploy WordPress instance is successful, copy the command from the black box and select the SSH button.
- Paste the command you copied in the SSH terminal and select enter.
- A page with your credentials and phpMyAdmin link will show. You need to enter your password and username to get access.
Step 7: On Windows
If you want to install WordPress locally on WordPress, then you need to follow these steps –
- Download WAMP on your computer and install it.
- You need to run Wampserver.exe File to install it.
- You have to make a New MySQL Database.
- Install WordPress, then extract the files.
- Now you can visit the local WordPress site from your web browser.
Step 8: Via cPanel
You can use the hosting control panel to install WordPress. Here are the steps.
- First, log into the cPanel.
- You need to click on WordPress Auto Installer.
- Now connect the domain name.
- Create the credentials for login.
- Finally, you can launch your site.
There are different hosting platforms, and you can use any of them to install WordPress on your computer. This article contains 8 different ways of installing WordPress and creating your personal website using it. Following any of these steps should be helpful to you.
If there is any query related to the same, you can ask them in the comment box.